About the project
Team: Opendatabot, 908.vc
My role: UI/UX Designer, Front-end Developer
It was decided early on by our team to design the website within the framework of ‘uniform design code for the government web resources of Ukraine’.
This decision allowed us to:
- immediately choose the vector of design to
- focus on addressing usability issues
- not to get sidetracked into building a separate design system and, therefore, use our resources sparingly.
Moreover, in doing so, we acted in support of the initiative for the unification of government web resources design.
When designing the new version of the portal, with each iteration, we were paying due attention to the feedback of users given on the previous version. It was crucial that we hear out:
- ordinary users (i.e. journalists, citizens concerned, analysts)
- government officials (those who are responsible for publishing datasets and those who use open data in their daily work)
- third party developers who work with open data and develop products making use of such data.
Furthermore, we benefited from the expertise and experience of Opendatabot team, one of the biggest consumers of open data in Ukraine.